Monday, April 26, 2010

More Spring Work

Well, I've trimmed the berries and roses. The antique rose (it has to be at least 60 years old) that I moved over from the other house did very well over the winter and seems to be flourishing. In fact, it has 4 new stems growing up from the root, and so far it is looking better than it has in years. Its' new home seems to agree with it.

Garlic continues to grow and so do the Egyptian Walking Onions. I went back to the veggie garden, and it looks like I have some "volunteer" regular onions coming up, as I have not planted anything yet.

The little lettuce plant that survived the winter and deep snow in its' bucket is perking right up. And there are seedlings popping up as well.

The regular tulips are out, but I'm still waiting for my Parrots to open. I put them in last year so this is their first year and I'm excited to see them. The buds are there. So.....we wait.

I need to go out and harvest violets to dry for tea. I also need to start going after dandelion buds. Excellent in batter and dipped in powdered sugar while still hot.

Now I can't wait for the garlic chive blooms to come. Those little balls of purple are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment