Sunday, September 8, 2019

A Simple Pickled Pepper

We got a really good deal on jalapenos last week, so I did a really simple pickle for my dad. Simply slice peppers of your choice or leave whole and make a single slice into the side of each pepper, arrange in a clean jar, then fill with white vinegar with a little water. (Sometimes we just do straight vinegar.)

Other things may be added to the pickle, such as onion, garlic, chives, red pepper flakes.....you choose! And peppers may be mixed types.

Like a sweet hot flavor, as I do? Then pickle the peppers in your favorite sweet pickle brine, for a yummy sweet with heat!

Because I only make a couple containers of these pickles at a time, and they get eaten fast, I don't go through the sealing part of the canning process. But if I do a lot of them, I will go through the entire canning process for the shelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment