Saturday, September 28, 2019

Raining Giant Green Seeds!!!



In other words, the green coconuts are falling. So far, 8 have come down with winds that we've had a few days ago. I really have to get going on retrieving the water out of them, but I always seem to get sidetracked.

It is pretty easy to do. Just drill a few holes near the "eye" area and drain into a bowl. When all are drained, I then pour the water through a coffee filter in a strainer to get all the little particles out of it, mostly bits of husk from drilling.

If I'm not going to use it all right away, I'll pour into ice trays and freeze. I'll use it later for cooking (I've used it for rice and instead of tap water in some cakes), thaw for drinks or use as.....ice cubes!  It doesn't go to waste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment