Friday, May 13, 2011

Busy Few Days

Looks as though a few seedlings have come in a bit weak. They are some that I started on my counter, but I guess even though I was playing with the natural light situation, I didn't get it right. So, unfortunately I'll probably have to put more of those seeds directly in the ground, and hope they pop in time.

Found a good sized green frog by the walk way this morning. Something was wrong with him, but I couldn't figure out what, only that it seemed like his back end wasn't working. So, I put him in a little aquarium I had with some soil/grass and water to see what, if anything, could be done.

Well, within about a half hour, he was perking right up, and within the hour, his back legs were once again working. Seems as though he was a bit dehydrated, and just giving him that little bit of water was all he needed. I am keeping him for the night to make sure he is plenty hydrated, then I'll let him go in the garden tomorrow.

The bee balm, french tarragon and lily I was given yesterday by someone who was splitting plants, seems to be doing well. I did put them in the garden when I got home. As they had been without water and laying on the ground for about 2 or 3 hrs before I was able to get them home and plant, I wasn't sure how quickly they would pop back.

No comments:

Post a Comment