Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seeds and LOTS of Rain Don't Mix

As have many of you, we here in Western NY/Finger Lakes area have had our share of rain and then some, although no where near the flooding. A few weeks ago I took a chance and planted some chard and parsley, hoping that the seeds wouldn't get water logged, as I planted in a "non mud hole" area.

However, it looks like the seeds may have rotted out in the ground anyway. As both are cool weather plants, something should have been up by now. I though something had started, but they have seemed to disappear. So, I guess we'll be trying again.

We've been having a drying out period around here, so hopefully some more things can get in for the gardeners and farmers. I know some of the fields around here have miniature ponds in them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment